Dr. Zachary Cohen is a board-certified physician in family medicine. He believes in a holistic approach to care, with clinical interests including wellness/prevention, primary care and mental health.
Dr. Cohen chose family medicine because he wanted to be the first face patients see and to help them navigate the complexity of health care. He values the long-term relationships he builds with his patients and their families, creating individualized
treatment plans to meet their unique needs and circumstances, and helping them achieve their personal and professional goals.
For fun, Dr. Cohen enjoys being outdoors — gardening, foraging, hiking, learning — and spending time with his wife, daughter, two dogs and 14 chickens.
Education & Training
- Medical Education, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA
- Residency, Family Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship, Integrative Medicine, Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine - University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Certifications & Affiliations
- Certified, American Board of Family Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
Awards & Honors
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism in Medicine Award
- Wellness and prevention
- General primary care
- Mental health management
- Nutrition counseling
- Integrative medicine
- Routine gynecology (Pap smears and breast exams)
- Men's health
Northside Hospital Provider Details
View Dr. Zachary P. Cohen's provider profile in the Northside Hospital Provider Directory